COVID-19 vaccines are considered highly effective, and each can dramatically reduce a person's chance of hospitalization or death due to COVID-19.
- Keep your blood pressure below 140/90 mm Hg (or ask your doctor what the best blood pressure target is for you).
- If your blood pressure is high, check it regualrly, and get it under control to make sure your kidneys stay healthy.
- Take medications as instructed, and ask us about blood pressure medicines called ACE inhibitors and ARBs, which may protect your kidneys in addition to lowering blood pressure.
- Talk to us about medicines that harm your kidneys and other ways to lower your blood pressure.
- Eat foods lower in salt
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- If you smoke, quit
- Get active—Physical activity for 30 minutes five days a week helps manage blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
Keeping your kidneys healthy will also help take care of your heart.
Call us at kingwood kidney associates 281-401-9540 to schedule your appointment to help get your blood pressure controlled .
You can also schedule your appointment online using the booking tool on this page. Book your examination today.